You use Windows based computer to complete different types of work. The work may be personal or professional as per the nature of the work. But the most important thing is that when you complete your work then many times you use a printer to print the entire work on a page. But sometimes you can see that you get Printer not working error in Windows while you try to print the page. It is a very annoying situation that you should fix. If printer is not printing in your computer then it may be a problem regarding outdated or damaged printer driver that is installed. The error may also come to you due to the improperly installed printer. You can go through some manual methods or you can also use Advanced System Repair tool to fix the issue automatically.
Some of the common symptoms that you can see while you get Printer not working error in Windows are sticking of the printer, unable to print on the page, popping up of the error message that printer is not printing, screen freezing on your computer, sometimes automatic shutdown, printing on the paper improperly, etc.
Main causes for the printer problem in Window are improperly installed printer, damaging, corruption or outdated printer driver, virus infection, incompatible printer is installed on the computer, hardware issue, etc.
How to fix Printer not working error in Windows –
You can fix printer problem in Windows with the help of the following manual method:
- Go to the start button and open Windows Update by clicking All Programs and click Windows Update.
- In the left pane of the opening window, click on Check for updates and wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, then click on Install updates. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
You can also go through the following manual method to fix if printer is not printing;
- Open the Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button> Control Panel> System and Maintenance and then click Administrative Tools.
- Double click on Services. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Right click on the Print Spooler service> Properties.
- Go to the General tab and click on Startup type. Here you should make sure that Automatic is selected.
- If the service is not already running, under Service status then click on Start and click on OK.
Above manual methods will help you properly to fix the Printer not working error in Windows. But if you are still getting the error on the computer and printer is still not working then you should download Advanced System Repair tool to fix the issue automatically.
Advanced System Repair tool will help you properly to fix the entire issue of the Windows automatically. With the help of the tool you can also enhance the productivity of the computer. It is compatible with any version of computer like Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8 and so on.