Microsoft Windows has a very unique feature of updating software or applications automatically. When you start your computer you will get some updates notifications by Windows to update or to download on your computer. These updates are sometimes very useful for your system and make your system very efficient to use. Sometimes when you try to update some of the programs then it shows an error saying Windows update error 0x80240009. This error stops the updating process of the Windows. When you close the updating and again try to update it then again it shows the same error message. The error makes Windows slow to run and it also makes it unable to run the program.
Some of the common symptoms of Windows update error 0x80240009 are hereunder:
- It displays a message ‘Windows update error code 0x80240009’.
- It makes the PC very slow.
- The updating program gets blocked.
- Opening of a program is very slow and the response time lags as well.
- Sometimes it automatically takes restarts.
- It takes very long time to shutting down the PC.
- PC doesn’t connect with external devices.
There may be various reasons for this particular error. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Windows updating may be not enable or it is not running in the background when you are working on the computer.
- There may be file system corruption.
- Invasion of virus or malwares.
- Sometimes Windows get shut down due to power surge.
- Hardware or software failure.
- Incomplete installation of some files.
- Unintentionally deletion of some files or software.
Here is a manual method to fix Windows update error 0x80240009:
- Update your old driver.
- Remove the malicious or incompatible driver from your PC.
- Remove all the software or hardware or driver that you have installed recently. Sometimes it might be a reason for this error.
- Scan entire PC.
- Now start your PC in safe mode.
You will be able to get rid of Windows update error 0x80240009 now. But still if you are unable to fix the error by this manual method then you can resolve it by using the most recommended tool “Advanced System Repair”.
This “Advanced System Repair” tool will help you to solve your entire problem regarding this issue and now you will be able to install and update new applications or software.