It is very necessary to update your Windows at a definite interval of time. Microsoft has launched a very unique feature to update your Windows automatically with your concerns. This unique feature is automatic Windows update service. You should always make your system up to date by installing the latest versions of the applications. When Microsoft releases latest program and you are not aware of that then the program or application automatically saved in your Windows update list. You can install it later when you open the list. Sometimes you try to update some programs but you get Windows error 0x8000ffff. To fix Windows update error 0x8000ffff is very important to work with various programs smoothly.
You may find following symptoms when facing Windows update error 0x8000ffff:
- Programs are not loading or working properly.
- Prompting of error 0x8000ffff frequently.
- You are unable to find some installed programs.
- You cannot delete some files.
- New program installation is blocked.
- Shutdown of system unexpectedly.
Recognize the following reasons and try to fix Windows update error 0x8000ffff.
- Main cause of error 0x8000ffff is the missing connection between the Windows update service and your system.
- When you update some incompatible programs to your Windows.
- Incomplete installation of programs.
- Incorrect registry setting.
- Incomplete Windows installation.
- Virus attack.
- Hardware damage due to sudden power cut.
- RAM is not connected properly to the system.
Here is a manual solution given using which you can fix Windows update error 0x8000ffff:
- Go to start button and type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
- You will now be prompted to administrator password or confirmation. Type the password.
- Now locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and double click on it.
- Now right click on COMPONENT. Then click on to Export.
- Type COMPONENT in the file name text box. It will create a back copy of the registry value.
- Now in the right pane right click on PendingXmlIdentifier and then click on Delete. PendingXmlIdentifier.
- Right click on NextQueueEntryIndex and then click Delete. NextQueueEntryIndex.
- Right click on AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving and then click on Delete. AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving.
Now restart your computer and try saving or installing new updates. This method is widely used to fix Windows update error 0x8000ffff. The method is used to edit the registry setting of your system and it requires a sound technical knowledge. So you can use the most recommended tool “Advanced System Repair” to fix error 0x8000ffff.
“Advanced System Repair” tool will resolve the issue automatically and it also edits the incorrect registry files. This tool is the best tool to fix Windows errors. “Advanced System Repair” tool is specially designed to repair Windows update errors. It also speeds up the PC performance and removes virus, spam, and malwares from your system.