Windows is a very unique operating system having many marvelous features. One of such feature Windows update service. With the help of this service you can update your Windows with some new and compatible software or applications. But sometimes it may get stopped due to some very annoying error issue like Windows update error code 646 that mainly comes when there is corruption in the Windows registry settings. You can get rid of this problem by using some manual methods or you can also use Advanced System Repair tool for automatic removal of the error code.
Slow PC performance, screen freezing, system stuck at certain point, automatic shutdown, starting problem, occurring of blue screen of death error, etc are some of the common symptoms that you can see while getting Windows update error code 646.
What are the causes of Windows update error 646 –
Main causes for the prompting of this error code are the corruption in the Windows registry entries, misconfigured system files, missing DLL files, internet disconnection, virus infection, software incompatibility, hardware failure, incomplete installation of the Windows, etc.
How to fix Windows update error code 646 –
You can easily fix Windows update error 646 with the help of the method given below manually:
- Go to start button and type regedit in the search box.
- Right-click regedit to Run as administrator.
- In the opened Registry Editor window, find the following key –
HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/User Shell Folders
- Locate AppData in the right pane of the window and make sure that its value is %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Roaming.
- If the value is different, then right click on AppData and then select
- Add %USERPROFILE%/AppData/Roaming in the value data box then click
- Now select HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/ CurrentVersion/Explorer/User Shell Folders and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/ CurrentVersion/ Explorer/User Shell Folders.
- Close Registry Editor and restart the computer.
Going through these manual steps you can easily resolve the issue of Windows update error code 646 in your computer. But you should keep in your mind that these manual steps are only possible if you have a sound technical knowledge. If not, then you can use Advanced System Repair tool to fix the problem automatically.
With the help of Advanced System Repair tool you can fix the error issues of Windows computer automatically after launching. The tool will scan the whole computer to find the corruption and then start repairing with its user friendly and automatic error removal process. You can also optimize the performance of the system with this tool.