Microsoft update is a service which is used to update various Microsoft software or applications. It is also used to update hardware or drivers. So you can say that this service keeps Microsoft updated. Sometimes updating of software has a problem due to which it is unable to update the software properly or it shows a sort of Windows update errors. Windows update error code 0x8024400a is also an error which caused due to the same problem. However when this happened, you usually shutdown your computer and reboot it. But it again shows the same problem. This leads you to find out the error and fix it properly. Windows update error 0x8024400a comes along with this message typically;
“The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view.”
When there an update error 0x8024400a prompts then there must be following symptoms to recognize:
- System gets very slow.
- Prompting of Windows update error 0x8024400a repeatedly.
- System restarts unexpectedly.
- Programs don’t install properly.
- System freezes.
- BSOD error prompting.
There are various causes responsible for Windows update error code 0x8024400a:
- If there is net problems.
- Incomplete registry setting.
- Some programs are not properly installed.
- There may be problem of connection with Windows to its server.
- If Windows installation is unfinished.
- Improper maintenance of the system.
Here is a manual method is given to resolve the issue of Windows update error code 0x8024400a:
- Click on start and go to search box.
- Type services.msc in search box. It will open a service manager windows
- Now you have to make sure that following services are set automatic or running in this window.
- Automatic update or Windows update.
- Background intelligence transfer service
- If the above mentioned services are not running or in automatic mode then set their start up type to automatic.
- Now apply the changes and click start to apply the changes.
You can restart your system and after restarting the problem related to Windows update error code 0x8024400a will be solved and you will be able to install or to updates applications on your Windows. But if you are still not able to fix the Windows update error 0x8024400a then you can use the most recommended too “Advanced System Repair” to resolve the issue.
“Advanced System Repair” tool is very easy to use that it fixed all the issues automatically and it also cleanup your system registry. This tool is specially designed to fix Windows update errors and if also fixes the corrupted or damaged system files. “Advanced System Repair” tool optimizes the performance of your PC too.